Kotor


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor
July 28th 2017
Published: August 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

After visiting Budva, we went to Kotor. In Ljuta, a small town 5 km from Kotor, we had reserved a room at Alex Guesthouse. It was quite pleasant there, the room was nice, the bathroom and kitchen clean and free parking. The host was friendly but her English was very poor and she seemed a bit retarded. She told us that we were their only guests, but there were 2 other couples and she told us to take a bus to Kotor from the stop at the supermarket that was 3 km away...
In the end we managed to get a (completely crowded) bus from Ljuta to Kotor, but it was quite late and we had missed the sunset that is supposed to be very beautiful from the fortress up in the mountains. Never mind, we visited the beautiful old town of Kotor and had a very good dinner at Konoba Scala Santa restaurants.
Kotor is absolutely worth a visit, but you should go there in the evening, when most tourists are gone and it's more quiet. There are many beautiful corners in this lovely old town where you can sit down, have a drink and eat something. Only ice cream is pretty expensive there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb