Montenegro 29/06 - 30/06


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Perast
June 29th 2018
Published: July 23rd 2018
Edit Blog Post

Friday 29th

We finally got the document at the end of the day with the friendly campsite owner handing it over to us. Result! We packed up there and then and headed straight to the Montenegrin border. This time it went without a hitch and went straight through with not even a search of the vehicle. We drove in the early evening and were met by a beautiful coastal road that led all the way into the bay of Kotor. The water was glistening in the sunset and were very happy to be in the move again! We found a small patch of grass down a narrow path and slept there for the night.



Saturday 30th



That morning we had to be out early! As we were waking up and Char was poodling around Dobby there was an angry woman’s voice coming from somewhere saying “thank you madam”, “have good sleep madam”. We ended up parking and sleeping on what seemed to be her front garden! We scarpered out of there so as to keep incognito. We drove further down the lovely road and arrived in Perast. It was one of the bigger places in Montenegro to see but it was tiny! We parked up and had a stroll the one main “high street” and sat for a coffee and some breaky. What a spot we found ourselves in! It was very quiet with only the locals and fishermen readying their boats for the day around. As we sat there admiring the bay and the surrounding mountains, slowly but surely the street started getting busier and busier with people, tourists and the dreaded tours! We saw this as a sign to make a move and after a stroll down the town and a peruse and some churches we drove further down the coast into Kotor. This was another serene setting but with a few more people than in Perast. We attempted to drive up one of the surrounding mountains as the view was lining up to be awesome and the possibility of a great Dobby spot for the night. This was all put to a stop however when the doable road turned into something that resembled a moon crater - gutted! We had a think and decided to head back down into Kotor and have a wonder with hope we should find somewhere for the night. Char and her eagle eyes spotted some more bigger campers on the way and lo and behold - THE perfect spot for the night. It was a small car park that had a small beach into the bay with the water and town being framed by towering mountains all around. We decided to celebrate and have a clue of bevvies watching the France Argentina game before heading into the old town to explore. Eat another beautiful place. It was very similar to Dubrovnik with its architecture, cobbled narrow streets, churches and abbeys round every corner and plenty of restaurants and bars to chill out. Obviously it was time for another beer.... After a sup we headed into the local market to get some goodies and when we arrived at a girl selling cheese, she proceeded to insist that we try every bit of cheese she had (and a bit more) before deciding which to get. We stuffed our faces full and then bought a bit for later. Another woman who we bought some veg from then gave us some home brew wine to try. It was actually pretty good so didn’t hesitate to give our money away for the good stuff. At this point we decided it would be best to crack on and have a liquid dinner of the old town whilst watching the last world up game of the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb