Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Kotor
October 19th 2014
Published: January 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Germany to Montenegro


I am a first timer here, sorry for the errors but I will learn. We left cold Canada to travel and travel is what we are doing. We have a small flat in Germany on the Mosel river as a home base, hoping to stay for a while there first. But we have to wait for our retirement visas to off we go.................

We found our selves having to leave the Schengen area of the EU, well there are only so many places you want to go in the winter so Great Britian was out of the question. So we set our GPS to Kotor Montenegro, Where?? Never even heard of it before. It took us a couple of days from the far side of Germany to Kotor. There are no major Autobahns that we were used to, rather small, narrow twisty roads. but what a surprise at the end of the road trip.

We have been here 3 months now, and love it. Sorry to be leaving it. We rented a small flat in Debrota, only 1km from the old city. It is a very relaxed way of life, cars stop along the road to chat, or wait for someone. No one gets angry, no shaking of fists or flipping the bird. Nope every one just waits, patiently until traffic moves again. The area is beautiful, I wake up every day and walk along the Adriatic sea (fjords). There are hiking trails into the mountains, with a surprise or two along the way.

Many side trips to Budva, Cetinje, Bar

Kotor it's self has a UNESCO site, the old city( Stary Grad). Where people sit outside and enjoy a cup of coffee, beer, wine or just water and soak up the sun, even when it's cool. I will miss it here, the calmness, the friendlness of the local people, the small shops and pubs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb