Fashion capital of the world...Montenegro


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Kotor » Kotor
November 16th 2009
Published: December 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

montenegro


kotorkotorkotor

baie of kotor
Move over Paris, Milan, London....Montenegro is one of the most fashionable and trendy places! More funny becasue we just didn't expect it...and a bit bummed we didn't get some pictures of the street fashion to prove it!

We had heard and seen some pretty amazing things about Montenegro and were a bit bummed we would wizz through this gorgeous country!

We were lucky and got a ride from Stjepo the guesthouse owner in Dubrovnik to the town just over the border in Montenegro. He was going to buy cigarettes becasue Croatian cigarettes cost 1euro in Montenegro as opposed to 3.50 euro in Croatia!

The drive down the coast of Croatia into Montenegro is absolutely gorgeous...in particular the area between the borders of the 2 countries is breathtakingly beautiful!
We said goodbye to our friendly host from the last few days and took a bus and headed towards Kotor which is another old city on the UNESCO list! We wanted to camp but after visiting the town nearby with camping found it was closed and also the ground was too wet from recent rain. Kotor is a pretty amazing place...breathtaking and just stunning...magical mountains and mysterious lake...you just have
kotorkotorkotor

old door
to check out the pics to see! We managed to get a really cheap room from a guy at the bus station which was quite handy with the cold weather! The family who rented the rooms were really friendly and opened their home to us in the evening to warm up in front of their fire! We checked out the old Kotor city which I thought had a lot more character and charm than the old city of Dubrovnik! Beautiful streets and old buildings and an amazing wall which climbed up the hill. The next day we took nice stroll in the hills next to where we were staying where we saw some amazing old buildings and came across an interesting goat shepherd! We shared an nice meal that evening with Johno, an Aussie guy we met who was staying at the same place! Really interesting traveller who gave us some tips for China and funny enough worked at the Red Cross in Melbourne (small world) and knew someone we both knew!

We left Kotor and headed south and decided to stop at a small town to camp, we later found it was a pretty deserted beach town and
kotorkotorkotor

cobble stone street
then left the following day. We took a taxi after he was quite persistent and offered us the same fare as a bus to the next town...and then during the ride we ended up getting a ride to the Albanian border!


en francais

😊 ca commence par un drole de ville du nom de Herceg Novi!!! alors on n'y reste pas et on prend le bus pour la baie de kotor!!! magnific le long de la mer et double baie avec des montagnes qui ce jetent dans la mer!!!! plein de vieille histoire tout partout!!! arrivee a kotor une ville construit par le venitiens pour le commerce!!! un mur d'enceinte a flan de montagne!!! une belle ville remplie de jeunes gens hyper friques!!! la mode est partout on ce croirait a paris ou londres!!! enfin bon un homme nous propose un maison a loue et voila on y est dans un petit village au bord de mer!!! la nature est belle comme les montagnes!!! un berger, le reflet de la montagne dans la mer!!! un paix immense!!! on part apres quelques jours pour la plage!!! et quelle plage un peu surrannee, un peu vide et froide aussi!!!
kotorkotorkotor

the walls
on reussi a se faire un dinner montenegrin au feu de bois!!! le camping est froid la nuit, pas grave!!! un belle histoire de matin, quand un taxi s'arrete et change les plans de la veille et fait faire au temps un poussee d'acceleration vertigineuse!!! 3 heures plus tard on est a la frontiere albanaise!!! ca y'est l'europe d'autrefois!!! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

kotorkotor
kotor

the walls
kotorkotor
kotor

when montain meet the sea
kotorkotor
kotor

early morning
kotorkotor
kotor

old monastry
kotorkotor
kotor

muchies
kotorkotor
kotor

late afternoon
kotorkotor
kotor

in the hills
kotorkotor
kotor

angie legendary smile
barbar
bar

kiwi fruits
sutomoresutomore
sutomore

ladiebird


Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb