Monaco / Monte Carlo


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
September 17th 2007
Published: September 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Milan - Monaco - Monte Carlo - Eze Village


Ciao!

I just came back from Monaco for the weekend... oh my god, so breathtakingly beautiful! When we got off the train, we walked through the train station which is carved into the top of a cliff, so we could see a beautiful ocean view right from the train station. That's when we knew it was going to be a good weekend!

Our hotel was in a town called Eze village, a quaint little town in between Monaco and Nice. Our hotel was faabulous - we had two apartment-style rooms for 5 girls each (yes there were 10 girls total... madness), each with a balcony overlooking the ocean. The hotel had a pool with that same amazing view. We just could not believe our eyes... while the rest of our friends were camping out or in hostels in Cinque Terre or elsewhere, we were staying with an ocean view for 35 euro a night, per person. In the French Riviera, of all places. We honestly were pinching ourselves (or, as my friend Katie said when looking at the view from our hotel, "if I was PMSing right now I would totally be crying").

That afternoon we stayed at
the harborthe harborthe harbor

and all the huge yachts!
the hotel pool and then went out on the town for dinner. First we saw the Monte Carlo Casino - we saw the outside (gorgeous architecture, ocean view, millions of Lamborginis and Ferarris and Mazuratis) and a bit of the inside (but only a bit because you had to pay even to walk into the casinos, but the foyer was soo beautiful anyway). The fountains and gardens outside were incredible. Then we walked along the coast and went to a restaurant with amazing crepes, and met these investment bankers who live in Monaco - one Norwegian, one Australian, one British, one Irish - who showed us to some great bars and clubs. A long night of dancing later, we returned to our hotel.

The next day we went to the beach - again, absolutely breathtaking. As most European beaches are, I've noticed, it was not sandy but rocky. But the water was still so clear and the view so beautiful that we didn't mind. We had lunch at a little seaside cafe with great pizza. That night we went out for a great dinner in Eze Village and had our own fun back at the hotel (so we didn't
view from the hotelview from the hotelview from the hotel

looking out from the lobby
have to pay for a 60 euro cab ride like we did the previous night).

Sunday we checked out of the hotel - which was awful because we had to check out at 11 and our train wasn't until 6 pm so we had to carry our bags around town for the day - and walked along the coast until we hit the Grace Kelly museum. It was so cool - they had hundreds of her dresses, her letters to Hitchcock and the Prince of Monaco, her home videos, etc. Even the museum building itself was beautiful!

Then it was finally time to return to Milan. I must admit, it was very weird not speaking a WORD of the language... and the French are not very patient with people who do not speak their language and with a great accent. So we just had to speak English. I have a totally new appreciation for all the people on my program who came to Milan without speaking a word of Italian! It is very nerve-wracking and intimidating to worry about being able to find people who speak English should you need it. So it was very comforting to get on the train and hear people speaking Italian again. 4 1/2 hours on the train later, we were back in our apartments, slightly bronzed and extremely happy.

Enjoy the pictures. Miss you all!

Love,
Jenna


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

beachside restaurantbeachside restaurant
beachside restaurant

enjoying the view!
the outside of the Grace Kelly museumthe outside of the Grace Kelly museum
the outside of the Grace Kelly museum

Hollywood starlet, Princess of Monaco, stunning beauty... she really had it all!
all the girlsall the girls
all the girls

all 10 of us in front of Monte Carlo


18th September 2007

monaco
Sounds like a fabulous trip. You will never forget all this! Ciao, bella!
18th September 2007

beautiful!
Ahh i'm so jealous! Youre so good posting blogs for all of us here stuck in good old B-town (ps - cause i know youre dying to know, red sox are still 4.5 up despite a yucky loss to the yanks last night) Looks beautiful J hope youre having a fabulous time and maybe getting some french exposure in the too eh? Hope all is well - Love you!
18th September 2007

Now I'm really jealous!
JenJen, Great posting. I feel as though I'm right there. Enjoy. You deserve this and more. Miss you. Love, Dad
18th September 2007

Have a toast for me!
Hi Jenna. Sure wish I was there in Italy rather than typing this note from my L.A., CA office tower. So glad you are thoroughly enjoying yourself and having these awesome adventures you will remember forever. Love always, Auntie P.
19th September 2007

Jealous
Hi Jen- this is a great looking trip. I'm confused though- aren't you suppose to be in school? This type of stuff will definately get Erica on her way to the other side of the pond. Have the time of you life- maybe even a blast. Can't wait to hear all about "the adventures of Jenna" at xmas. Hugs/kisses- love UJ
24th September 2007

I don't think that I can read this anymore. I'm getting extremely jealous!
28th September 2007

Yay!!
I'm so glad you're having such a great time! This all sounds AMAZING!

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb