Malta, last full day


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta » Sliema
April 28th 2015
Published: April 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

This morning the tour group rode to the south side of the island of Malta to see the World Famous Blue Grotto. I'm not sure how many Blue Grottoes there are in the world, but this is one of them. We didn't get to do the boat ride into the grotto or through the natural arch because the seas were too rough today, but we had a nice view from the cliff (see picture). Next we visited Mosta, which boasts a church with the third largest unsupported dome in the world (see picture). From there we went to view the catacombs in Rabat (see picture). These catacombs are not nearly as extensive as the ones I have seen in Rome, but on the other hand, I was allowed to take pictures. Uncle Jim and I shared a Maltese Platter for lunch (see picture). It is a combination of several food items enjoyed in Malta. We found most of them to be tasty, but some were overly salty. We visited a Roman Museum after lunch and the guide told us how good the mosaics are here, but those of us who had been on the Tunisia portion of the tour knew that the Roman mosaics there are much superior in quality and quantity. Our guide then took us on a walk through the narrow streets of Mdina and we enjoyed seeing the medieval walls, buildings, and doors (see picture). This is the last day in Malta for us. Tomorrow Uncle Jim heads back to the States. I will be continuing my European travels for a while longer and hope to publish a blog post tomorrow from a new locale.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb