Day 2 to Luxembourg


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg
June 9th 2016
Published: June 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We knew tidy was going to be a long one. Up at 6 am for breakfast then off to the tunnel for athe 8:50 crossing. The ride today was 360 miles ish. The good news was it was all pretty uneventful. No real traffic hold ups, lovely warm sunny day and mostly good roads.
There was a slight satnav hitch. It missed the first way point. A war memorial in Dunkirk. It took us to the town. Even showed it in the route plan. Just didn't bother with the final corner. Ho hum.
France is France, Belgium was a a nice surprise. The rolling hills broke the monotony of the motorways. Luxembourg is a joy. Beautiful hills and mountains, great vistas. Julia has a new retirement plan. Viendan is a lovely town. Set in a river vally in the shadow of Viendan castle, it has a sleepy charm. We found a restaurant with tables on the bank of the river. Swallows performed their acrobatics skimming the surface whilst we ate. After a short walk along the river it is back to the hotel Belle Vue ( I know, sounds like Bridlington right?). Tonight will be an early one but with no train to catch we can lay in. Up at 7:00 and on to Germany and the Black Forrest.

Have a good 'un


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb