Heading to the county in Luxembourg


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg
September 10th 2010
Published: May 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

When it comes to Luxembourg and the tourist trail it is often missed or even drove through without knowing you have been in and out of a country in two or so hours. We were surprised by what Luxembourg has to offer and in particular once outside the city and visiting the country you will come across many picturesque villages amongst a forest and quite often having a castle overlooking proceedings.

Luxembourg the city itself has plenty of green around the city and a highlight for us was the visiting the underground tunnels for the old castle that seem to go on forever. It has become into disrepair of late but since they recently started to uncover some important artefacts they are looking after the old castle very well now and paying a fee is a small price to pay to keep it in tact.

Around the city it seems to be pretty much a financial city with not a great deal to look at and do with the nature surrounding the city more of an attraction. Although the weather was fairly fickle when we were visiting which can change a point of view we did see some nice things such as the gorge that runs right through the heart of the city. The tourist centre also has some history walks which we completed a couple but overall not an overly exciting city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 52, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



10th May 2011

We enjoyed the Luxembourg photos
We've wanted to go there but have not made it yet. Thanks for the blog. Looks like you are having lots of fun.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb