Wonderful Luxembourg City


Advertisement
Luxembourg's flag
Europe » Luxembourg » Luxembourg City
April 16th 2016
Published: April 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We decided to get up early this morning to make our way to the Saturday morning market in Luxembourg. We had a pleasant surprise when we boarded the bus that all the buses were free on Saturday. After a quick ride, we were dropped at the market. We were immediately struck by the beautiful flowers. We wandered around and made a few purchases.Then it was a quick walk to the center of town where we selected cafe Francis for our breakfast. The breakfast was idyllic, as we watched a sleepy square wake up. We wandered around the antique market in the square before setting off to for downtown Luxembourg. We made stops at st. Michaels church, the chocolate house, and then made our way back for lunch in the same square. We chose an outside table but learned the weather can change quickly. A short down pour had us running for cover under the front overhang of the restaurant. The weather in Luxembourg was cold with some sunshine. We really loved that the cafes had outdoor seating with heat lamps and blankets on most chairs. We decided on a tour and spent a few hours learning more about Luxembourg from Beautrix. After the tour we made our way back to the hotel to warm up, especially since eileen was starting a cold. We rested and then made our way to the Bock Castmates, which is an underground network of tunnels that were built to defend the city. The self guided tour was all underground and took us about an hour. We were surprised at the network of full size rooms with outlooks over the lower town. The tunnels also included a prison cell area and cannons. We surfaced and made our way to the elevator that connects the upper and lower town, on our way to Bosso. The night before we had searched for this restaurant for about an hour before giving up. Tonight, after catching up on our sleep... We found it straightaway .Bosso came recommended from our hotel and it didn't disappoint. My mom tried something called flammekueche, which sounds like the name of a recently discovered STD but was actually a local variation on pizza (thin crust with sour cream sauce where you select various toppings) and I had a pork dish....both were delicious. We took a bus back to the hotel and tucked in for the night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb