A Day on the bus.


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
August 16th 2008
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 54.6896, 25.2799

Today was a day of travelling. Our first full day on the bus!! We left Warsaw at 8am and headed north to Lithuania. It was a beautiful sunny day, too good to waste on a bus trip however, these things must be done. Our travel took us through rural Poland and Lithuania. Both are very flat countries and also very green. We listened to our tour guide explain about optional excursions and then she got on to history and politics of Poland. A litle is fine but she managed to talk for nearly one and a half hours!! And you think I can talk!!
We stopped for lunch at Augustow where we had 75 minutes to get some lunch ad have a look at the town. This was a pretty town with a very cool central green square and it was very warm. There was a great fountain in the middle of this square and the local children were having great fun running in and out of the water. Kids are kids all over the world. We had a pizza and a beer and then wandered through the local market place. Here the locals buy everything from clothes and shoes to fruit and veg. Interesting to see.
After this we passed through the border which now these countries are in the EU was an open border. Another 2 hours drive we came into Vilnius.
We are now waiting for our luggage to arrive at our room after which we have dinner in the hotel and then hope to go for a stroll across the river to the old town.
So nothing of real excitement to report. I'll update photos later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb