Day 1 : Vilnius to Panevezys


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Vilnius
May 7th 2012
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 1 : Mile 0 - Mile 105

Day one cycle ride, north from Vilnius, turning north west in the afternoon to our destination at Panevezys.

For the children in Little Oaks (Elena's class) and Northleigh (Alex's class), we are starting day 1 of our trip which will see us cover around 102 miles.

We are in Vilnius, which is the largest eastern city of the country of Lithuania which is in Eastern Europe, next door to Russia.

I am getting up early tomorrow to make some final arrangements, then myself and 2 of the team are riding from the Novotel Hotel in Vilnius town centre, to our Barclays Office on Upes Gatve. (That's Upes Street).

From there we will have a big send off from the staff in the local office and our friends in the Rugute charity. I will have Boris on my handlebars (if it's dry) so that he can see the whole journey. For those in Northleigh, Boris is the class teddy bear at Little Oaks day nursery, who travels with the children when they want to take him on a trip. He has also become the team mascot for my Rugute rides since meeting the Rugute children and families last year.

The route for today sees us head north from Vilnius, on the A14 road, to a town called Moletai. From there we head north west to a small town called Anyskiai before heading more West to our Day 1 destinaton in Panevezys.

I will upload the photos tomorrow night when we have completed the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0513s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb