On the road to Vilnius


Advertisement
Lithuania's flag
Europe » Lithuania » Klaipeda
February 17th 2007
Published: February 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

klaipeda_lithaunia

e muita FRUTA

me and vassilime and vassilime and vassili

its dark...but unforgetable
Time to leave...

saturday, 17:30, dusk...do yu think we get a ride? i wasnt optimistic...

we walked for about one hour...out of town...thumbs up. nothing. i had wrote Kaunas/Vilnius on a paper yesterday....it wasnt working.

gas station. some youngsters were coming in a big renault espace...they took us out of town...to the next gas station on the road to vilnius. after half an hour a group of six russian trucks stoped at the gas station. I knew only three words in russian DA , NIET e Spadzeba ( thank you, taught by yekaterina ) but somehow, after some struggling, i could convince those guys. it was amazing.

we got into separate trucks...i was a bit scared to leave april go alone..but everything worked out in the end.

i was beeing driven by Vassili, a ucranian christ believer 😊 we got along just fine. Comunication was almost perfect =/ after a while we were singing. i sang the Oh rama oh que loinda rama and other portuguese songs he seemed to like and he sang me some religious ucranien songs with freaky russian melodies - fantastic. the guy had no radio...so i took out my harmonica and started playing.i am really lousy player but the guy kept saying spadzeba and Dobre ( means good in ucranian) so i kept on going. i did it almost all the way!
the guy was really tired and he was heading to moskow...we stopped to get some sleep along the way. it took us about 7 hours to get to vilnius ( 70 km /h ? ).

it was great. SPAdzeba Vassili

TRUCKS RULE!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb