Ratnieke near Tukums


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia
August 24th 2010
Published: August 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We took the children to a camp the orphanage owns called Ratnieke. It is near Tukums, about an hour's drive from Jelgava. It was about 60 acres with a pond, fields, a house, a treehouse (thanks to our hard-working men from WV), and some barns. Ratnieke has electricity and water, but it is like a camp. The children have so much fun running and playing outside. In the mornings we would start with exercises, breakfast, then an outside activity. The activity would always involve a walk somewhere, a very long walk. Next, lunch and naps for the younger kids (under five years old). The older children had some free-time to ride bikes or jump on the trampoline. After naps, we would do another activity or go to the sea, which is only five miles away. Later, we would have dinner, play time, and get ready for bed.

Once the kids were cleaned up for bed, they would have circle time. They would each share something they liked and didn't like from the day. It was very sweet. They were mostly thankful for riding bikes and jumping on the trampoline. Before bed, we got to tuck them in and pray over them. It was so precious to be able to speak over them and pray blessings for each one. Every child there is precious in God's sight.

I will always cherish my time with the children at Sparrow's Nest in Latvia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb