Swan and Onega Lake


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
May 8th 2012
Published: May 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wanderer

As already written (in the Post The Swan of Tuonela) such symbolic signs have been made and seen much, much earlier, in ancient times (presumable Later Neolithyc) as stone forgings, carvings, drawings (petroglyphs). A number of them occurr in a beautiful shore of the nordic lake. It’s itself again a sign of Nordic Nature. Finnish it is called Ääninen / Äänisjärvi, Karelian Oniegu / Oniegu-järve, Veps Anin / Änižjärv, but Russian Onega / Onego, Onežskoe Ozero (Lake Onega / Onego, Onezhskoe lake, nowadays that lake belongs to Russia). These ancient signs are visible on lake’s shore rocks and islands.
But the lake seems to be as ever: wast, mainly calm, with his own life and own fate…
Yes, there are people, too. On the many islands (more than 1,4000; many of them very small). But they are like the lake itself – steady, quiet, with they own work and – where the people is – own language (it’s moustly the Russian but such a Russian You don’t read in papers…). About Kizhi island – a special short story or even two some day later…
And at the end – another petroglyph (or some of them; note the egg on the first petroglyph above typical for those drawings).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 54; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb