Day 7


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 7th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We decided to take it slow the next day in Venice. We got lost some more, washed our clothes and found an internet cafe to update the blog and plan the next part of the trip. With freshly washed clothes, hair and well-rested, we started our endeavor to leave Venice quite late. After just a few minutes of walking in the heat with the backpacks we felt already just as dirty as before, but ready to start traveling again. We tried for a few minutes to hitchhike from Venice (the only place where the cars could come) but we soon realized that such a busy place was no good for us. Also we were still under the impression that hitchhiking is illegal in Italy (which we later learned is not actually true), and having a police station next to us didn't make us very comfortable either. So we took a bus to Mestre to try our luck there. We must have spent at least an hour in the station walking from place to place, asking around, just to find out where we could go and which bus to take. Unfortunately we got some bad advice and a busdriver who had a bad day and decided to ignore us. We got to a wrong place but at least somewhere close. After a lot of asking around and walking a lot (italian people have been always eager to help us) we ended up at a Mediamarkt parking lot, unable to reach the highway entrance from there. It was already quite late and we had already given up hope of getting very far that day and we were even thinking about the possibility of spending the night at mediamarkt. Not knowing what to do we just stood there holding up our sign at the almost empty parking lot discussing our options, and believe it or not, withing 5 minutes a very easy-going guy just stopped by and could take us right to the perfect gasstation from where we could resume our hitchhiking journey for the next day.



Thijs

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb