Day 6


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 6th 2015
Published: July 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up early again but this time with a most welcome cool breeze through our tent. Since no bus drove from the little town on sundays we decided to walk along the road. It felt much less dangerous during daylight and with the sparse early sunday morning traffic, but still, having to walk on the road with no chance to evade uncomming cars made us somewhat nervous. We lifted our thumbs every time a car passed to our direction and it didn't take long to get a ride back to Laveno. At this point we were both really tired of hitch-hiking in the exhausting hot sun and although we could usually wash ourselves, we were dying to get a nice long shower. We both felt it was time for a rest day. We took a train from Laveno to Venice and managed to find a hostel for the night. We were a bit uncomfortable with the touristic prices there but a little break from busy highways was necessary. Venice is a really interesting and relaxing place with no cars around anywhere. We spent hours getting lost in the small streets of Venice and ate a delicious authentic Italian pizza. The night was still warm and sweaty since our room air conditioner stopped working. But at least we could take as many refreshing showers as we liked.



Thijs


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb