Day 5


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 5th 2015
Published: July 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The next day we woke up in our tent on the school yard all sticky and dirty. Traveling in the sun without any shower make you very dirty and after some days of traveling like this it starts to feel quite uncomfortable. We heard from our last ride that there was supposed to be a lake nearby, so we first went there to swim. The lake belonged to a very expensive camping but we got up so early (the sun makes it impossible to sleep late) that the camping was only just waking up by the time that we had washed ourselves, our dishes and some of our clothes. We tried to hitchhike out of Tenero on an entrance to a normal road that was going to a highway. This was not very ideal because there was mostly local traffic passing. We accepted a short ride a few kilometers further so that we could catch more traffic. From there we realized that it might be difficult to reach the highway from this place. So when a friendly Italian guy offered us a ride the other direction to Luino along the lake we accepted it. Even though he could not speak English we had a very good and friendly conversation with the basic German that we could speak. We reallized a drastic change in mentality between Switzerland and Italy. Most the Italians that we met there really trying to help us in any whay they can. So he helped us driving around town to find a little italian-english vocabulary and he decided to take us further to the next town Laveno. There we walked around and asked where we could swim and we got a spontaneous ride without even trying to hitchhike. The woman drove us to a lovely beach where we could swim and cook some nice food. Unfortunately, as the sun was going down, we realized that we were stuck there on the beach because there was no bus to anywhere and it was to dangerous to walk on the little mountain road back. Even worse, the place sort of belongs to a hotel or something like that because there was a bit party for tourists on the beach. We walked around a long time but we couldn't find any quite place to sleep so we decided to back to the place we cooked and set up our tent there, even though we knew that it was not allowed and there were a lot of people just sitting right next to us. It felt a bit uncomfortable at first, but we managed to get a good night sleep without any trouble.
Thijs


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



8th July 2015

Hi
Have a nice trip.All photos are wonderful we are looking forward your new advantures and you . ' brave couple ' (from Fadık ) , adventurous youht (from Saliha) and Günay ' Im proud of you ' yürü be kızım kim tutar seni özlemle bekliyoruz . iyi yolculuklar cnm

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb