A glimpse of Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 4th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Big day, got out of Athens and in to Rome - private tour of Rome on our way to the cruise departure.The photos say it all, must tell you NOT to try and eat a medium gelato, stick to the small - really fab eating but we all over did it at the Pantheon.

On board, great cabin, a queen size bed, a foldout sofa bed and a bunk bed for Kasey - way way out of our league so we pretended to fit in. Lots of Americans who clearly expected things to be all their way - was great fun to be with them and watch things unfold!!!

Food was so good, so many choices, free icecream all day kept the kids happy, they even had a theatre with free popcorn at every session. Kids club got the thumbs down from the kids - too small. Also only about 20 kids on the boat and only about 5 of them went to kids club. Movies on demand in the cabin meant Cooper caught up on some classic viewing- Gladiator (which tied nicely to our visit to Tunisia - the gladiator ring) and Top Gun - which influenced his sunglass purchase.

Pool wasgreat, we only spent one day at sea - the rest rushing around ports as you will read in the next installment!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



19th May 2012

Go Greg
Looking good darls...I think they should use that snap of you looking sexy in the robe in their next brouchure!

Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0749s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb