Italy with Kids - Travel bound to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 1st 2008
Published: September 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Well done Qantas for the personal entertainment screens! Movies on demand, TV shows, music videos.

On the plane:
Liam doing airplane motions while watching the Qantas Australia fly-through scene before we take off
Joseph shooting aliens in a space invader game and making noises for it “piew, piew, piew piew piew”
Kylie laughing her head off at the movie Get Smart (she was wearing headphones so we couldn't see or hear what she was). Later me following suit when I watched it.
Watching Kung Fu Panda, and then Genesis Live in Rome, and getting four lots of rice pudding because the others didn't like it.

Impressions of Hong Kong
Joseph: Wow look at all those hotels!
Joseph and Liam running down the travelators at the airport
Joseph pushing the luggage trolley and narrowly missing the customs officer
Liam being asked by the passport control officer “Why no clothes?” in reference to his action man doll that was in its birthday suit.
Joseph and Liam trying to work out how to share all the compementary stuff from the hotel room. Luckily they were in a twin share so there was two of everything...

Awesome pool at the Novotel Citygate Hong Kong!

Kylie and me getting lost in the Citygate mall, adjacent to the hotel. We were looking for the G level with the foodcourts, but G was in two parts. You have to cross over at level 2 so we started at 2, went down to the wrong G, back up again across and down.
Hong Kong McDonalds HK$94.50 for our standard family meal (~AU$16). In Australia we would spend around $20. Hotel mains were HK$120 - 180 each.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb