Lake Como, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 4th 2019
Published: July 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

As soon as the tour of the museum was over we went in search of somewhere to park to explore theLake. Traffic around here was busy and also crazy! We managed to find a tiny space and pulled in.
To our dismay by now the sky had turned black in the distance. There was a tiny pebbly beach packed with people cooling of in the lake. We took a few hurried photos and retreated to the car as lightening struck across the sky sending everyone in a frenzy to get off the beach.
Within minutes the rain poured down, luckily as we carried on driving north of the Lake we came through the storm and into dry hot weather once more.
After a struggle we found our nights accommodation in a tiny village up in the mountains. It was a sleepy place with nothing but a few houses , a church and our hotel/ restaurant.
We walked around then decided we'd have to eat in restaurant. The trouble was, as it was the only place around it was packed with no under cover, outside tables left.
We sat ourselves down on a table that wasnt set for dinner and was told to move as it might rain. They didn't seem happy when we said we weren't happy to be inside, but when I explained wed spent the whole day in a got car the reluctantly set the table for us. Fortunately the rain held off otherwise wed have been eating soggy pizza!!

Next morning we were woken up by the church bell chiming just metre from out hotel.
Oh well, time to be on the road again.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb