Spoleto


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 12th 2018
Published: October 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

12 October 2018

In 2008 we visited the large town of ( blog link ), but as there was a lot of refurbishment going on then, we decided to make another visit. As we were driving onto the dual carriageway out of Spello we got a stunning view of the town so we turned round and photographed it.

When we eventually arrived at Spoleto we had some navigational difficulties, firstly finding a supermarket and then the camperstop, mainly because it was market day and one of the access roads was blocked. Since we were last there, the town has invested in a series of escalators and moving pavements to make travelling up the hill on which it is built much easier.

Fortunately, the camperstop was located close to the bottom of a flight of six escalators which quickly took us up to the hilltop fort with its attractive frescoed courtyards. We then walked down to the cathedral and as we got there we were faced with a large crowd having a meeting in the piazza in front of it. It turned out that Italian scout leaders were having a weekend festival and we came across groups of them, obviously enjoying themselves, throughout our visit to the town.

We had a superb evening enjoying a nine course taster menu at Restaurant Sabatini.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb