Last Day in Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
July 5th 2013
Published: July 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today was the warmest of our trip, above 80 and sunny. We had a leisurely day in Venice, taking our time getting to the Doge's Palace. The palace is an amazing building with beautiful paintings and detailed gold ceilings. Part of the visit included many rooms filled with war relics from many centuries. They had spears, cannons, bow and arrow and guns displayed belonging to the "Council of 10". The palace was the center of government, trade, and the justice system in Venice for hundreds of years.

Connected to the palace is the "Bridge of Sighs" which is a direct path to the prison. It got its name from the prisoners "sighs" before they entered the prison to serve their sentence. The window on the bridge was their last view of freedom. Sad but true story.

We had relaxing long lunch and gelato and wondered the rest of the day. On our adventures today we had a short Gondola ride and Matt took my picture with our driver. We absolutely loved our visit to Europe and had the most memorable honeymoon!

See you all at home very soon, our flight leaves at 11:30am tomorrow, "Bon Jour, Guten Tag, Bon Journo!"


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb