Off To Taste Some Wine And See Some Castles In Conegliano Italy (Day Six)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
March 13th 2009
Published: March 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday the 13th and what better way to spend the day than seeing castles and tasting wine. as we hooped on the bus for yet another adventure we passed some new things along the way, well new in the form of we actually got a good picture this time around :-)

Upon arrival we were pretty much free to roam the city so we wasted no time heading to the castle. It was a long walk up the hillside but well worth it as some people missed the opportunity to go inside it due to getting there at siesta time. The castle grounds were remarkable and inside was just as amazing with a stunning museum that featured some very important artwork not to mention some really cool items such as suits of armor. Once we looked at every floor of the museum on the way to the top we came out the small door and were blown away by the view on a gorgeous sunny day.

By the time we got back down to the town it was all closed up for siesta, so we just strolled the streets and snapped pictures of anything unique from the outside since we couldn't enter. We saw a bunch of really neat buildings, monuments, and churches. We generated an appetite after all the walking so we grabbed some spicy salami pizza and found a nice quiet place to eat. After refueling we were limited on time so we walked over to see a fountain of neptune before heading to the bus area. since we arrived early we watched some Italian kids break dance outside of a blockbuster video and also visited the train station to use the restroom before re boarding the bus.

Next stop... the Bellenda Winery. When we arrived we were met by one of the three brothers who owns the place. He split us up into two groups and we began learning how they make the wine. We had a nice tour of the facility and then the vineyard. After we made it through those two places we were whisked away to the top of the hill to a guest house where finger foods and wine samples awaited us. We sampled a white, a red and a prosecco (sparkling) wine. After everyone had their samples we headed off to the store where everyone picked up some goodies to take back home. We got three bottles, one large and two small which all were signed by the actual wine maker. back to the hotel for yet another delicious four course meal!


Additional photos below
Photos: 149, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

starting our journey
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

a sign pointing us in the direction of our long journey to the castle
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

this was at the base of our long journey to the castle
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

crystal on a light pole on our journey up the hill
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

crystal and i heading up
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

trying to get into the lil green door
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

crystal on the long path
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

interesting view up the path
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

me and the castle
going to the castlegoing to the castle
going to the castle

crystal and the castle


Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0964s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb