Goodbye to Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Verona
June 4th 2007
Published: June 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Florence CathedralFlorence CathedralFlorence Cathedral

Remember to look up
On the 25th May we headed for Florence. Florence was beautiful on our first day, then the weather turned bad and unfortunately we got stuck in the rain at a muddy campsite. We did however venture out to Pisa to check out the Leaning Tower, which Tezz thought would be bigger! Anyway back to Florence where I stared at the buttocks on the fake statue of David (Gab you would have loved it), and shopped for leasthergoods before we got hailed on...that was Florence.

Off to Bologna where we spent another rainy night, and had a brief look at the Fotana Del Nuttuno in the Main Square. The memories from my last trip are constantly flooding back to me!

Venice rocked. We camped right next to the airport... ahh the serenity. The campsite was really good otherwise with a pool, 2 jacuzzis and a gym, its been a while since Tezz went to the gym. We´re both looking a little thinner these days!

Anyway after dragging ourselves away from the pool we made our way through the streets to see Venice´s main square, only to get our feet wet again! Could of stayed in Venice for longer then 3 nights but Verona and Lazise awaited.

We camped on a large lake at Lazise, about 30 minutes out of Verona. More bad whether (it hailed on our arrival into Verona and we spent most of the afternoon huddled in a bus shelter) but finally it cleared. We went into Verona on the Sunday to check out the Arena and the balcony of Shakespeare's fictious Juliet.

From Verona we left for Austria unable to speak a word of German.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

mums bottle of winemums bottle of wine
mums bottle of wine

This one should go well with your glass mum... only 15 litres
Statue of DavoStatue of Davo
Statue of Davo

this one's for all the ladies...if only all guys had a butt like this! Hey Gab?
Splashing in VeniceSplashing in Venice
Splashing in Venice

San Marco square
Romeo RomeoRomeo Romeo
Romeo Romeo

Juliets balcony


12th June 2007

Thank you
Dear Anita, Thank you for your beautiful postcard. It sounds like you are going a very hard way camping, but it is good that you can save money to see more places. Lots of Love, Babcia and Dzia Dzia

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb