Exploring our new ' hood' in Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 17th 2014
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.4345, 12.3384

After a good nights rest, we were ready to do some more exploring. First, we moved some of the furniture around to make the place more to our liking. One of the things we did was move the dining table so we could look out both the windows to the garden and over the bridge.

Our location is in the Dorsaduro area and is part of the old Venice. We began to explore the area close to our place and then expanded our adventures further afield. Robert had done some searching and there was a Coop near the Pizzale Roma and we decided to head that way.

We passed through Margharita Square and the fresh food market was setting up. We followed the GPS to Pizzale Roma. We found the bridge we had started on finding our place and we realized that we had really meandered all over the place.

Went back to Christina's shop and got to meet her and her daughter. They gave us directions to the Coop at the Pizzale Roma. Walked past the Pizzale Roma and they place was a madhouse as people were getting on and off the water taxis and heading all different directions.

This was the beginning of how to best experience Venice, walk around slowly and take in all the sights and sounds! The architecture is a jumble of many different periods in history and many of the passages are very narrow and oh so interesting.

Shopped at the Coop and of course bought our bags full! One of the things we had been told by Albert and Sue was there were signs pointing the way to Rialto and San Marcos square. Found out that follow those signs from the Pizzale Roma and Ferrorovia toward Rialto and San Marcos and there we were back at our place. Reverse coming the other direction.

Of course it was also fun to veer off when something looked interesting and found our way back to where we began. After our first big night out the evening we arrived, we started fixing our meals in our place because much less expensive and could have bigger portions or maybe leftovers.

One of the recommendations from Albert and Sue was to go and explore the Gardens Garibaldi. We decided we would do that next and so fixed some chicken salad, carrot sticks, lettuce and tomato and crackers for a picnic lunch so we could spend the entire day out exploring!




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb