Day 7 - Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 2nd 2016
Published: May 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up early and took a boat to Murano which is one of the islands in Venice. It was pouring with rain so I bought a lovely bright blue poncho on the way which worked really well, but may have not been the classiest thing to wear in Italy! Murano is famous for it's glass artwork. We saw a demonstration of how they made their glass by either blowing into it to make the vases or moulding the hot glass to make different sculptures. Their glass work is amazing and you have to be very skilled to do that type of work. We bought our first piece of artwork on Murano which is a little elegant twisted glass sculpture. We looked at a few others as well, our favourite piece was a beautiful vase made by one of the masters which was worth $500 nzd! One of the old guys in the shop tried to sell us another vase which was more in our price range but wasn't what we were looking for. He looked so disappointed when we didn't buy it and looked like we'd broken his heart into a million pieces. We felt really bad but we weren't going to pay for something that we weren't 100% sure on. We then headed back to Venice, had some pizza for lunch and then bought a massive tub of gelato while we watched a movie in our hotel. Tomorrow we are catching the train to Florence so will update you from there. Ciao!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb