Venice - Day 4


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 29th 2016
Published: April 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today was just a travel day. Our hotel in Lugano was in a great place, right in the middle of the shops and restaurants. Lugano looks over a lake and has very beautiful gardens and fountains surrounding the lake. But unfortunately the train station we had to go to in the afternoon is up a massive hill....not a hill you could do easily carrying two suitcases. So we took the bus up to the top of the hill and headed to Milan and then Venice. Before we caught the train though I bought some swiss chocolate as I told blair I cannot go to Switzerland and not try some swiss chocolate! (There is no way a chocoholic like me is not going to miss out on that experience!). The train ride was ok, they switched one of our trains so everyone lost their allocated seating which caused some confusion, and our bags are just way too big to put anywhere. We thought blair would have to prop his legs up on top of his bag, but luckily someone moved so we had a bit more leg room. We thought world war three might happen on the train at one point as some passengers started talking/arguing about their religious views which were totally opposite, thankfully the train ride stopped before anything bad happened! I'm currently writing this on the train from Milan to Venice as I think I'll go straight to sleep when we get there as I'm starting to feel a bit sick/run down. I keep waking up at 2am on the dot the past few nights but hopefully my body will start to adjust once I'm more relaxed in Venice. Blair has already adjusted but myself (the shift worker who always has to adjust) is struggling haha. Anyway we've got a big day travelling around Venice tomorrow so should have much more exciting things to blog about!

.... Just posting this in Venice. We have arrived! The train station overlooks the water which was our first glimpse of the grand canal. Our hotel which we planned to walk to was no where to be found! The address we had was wrong (it didn't even exist!). So I walked into another hotel close to where we thought we were staying and they told us how to get to our current hotel which was a few blocks over. Our hotel is a 4 star hotel and has red carpet to welcome us, but we are in the tiny room in the bottom of the hotel next to the service desk haha. After settling into our hotel we had dinner on one of the canals while the sun was setting. It was beautiful! Anyway talk tomorrow 😊

Advertisement



29th April 2016
received_10209788586340602.

Wow Melissa and Blair this sounds absolutely amazing. Thank you Blair for saving Melissa's life. He he. The train ride must have been wonderful. I'm so pleased you're having a wonderful time. I have just arrived home and loved to hear your awesome news of all your travels. Hope you have a wonderful day. Luv mum and dad.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb