Venice!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 14th 2005
Published: May 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

a streeta streeta street

by night. :D

A city built on water


well, not really, it was built on little islands, but... whatever.

anyways, it was nice. the first day was great, and the second day it got muggy and rained. eh, oh well. it was still nice when it rained. i kind of liked it. we took a boat ride, not a gondala though... it seems that only tourists ride gondolas... and it's like way expensive too. our boat was like a big waterbus. it was cool.

the pictures i took at night, i took alone, walking around. it was cool. the streets were so skinny, and the buildings tall, and the feeling you get walking through them --even in florence and all that-- is interesting. "calles enganosas" i called them, "decieving streets." this because it was hard to tell weather a street was a dead end or if it contninued. if you could imagine a narrow street, with buildings very tall on both sides, and at the end another verry narrow at a right angle, the intersection is small and it's hard to tell from a distance if it's a dead end or not.

but the city was nice. and here are some
old buildingold buildingold building

brick. falling apart. but still in use. i liked it. it was cool.
pictures. :D peace!

-jesse


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Santa Maria della SaluteSanta Maria della Salute
Santa Maria della Salute

i saw like 5 billion churches on this trip. to me, this was just another one.
yetyet
yet

another venician street
sailingsailing
sailing

on a boat ride :D


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb