Day 27: Venice to Vienna


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 15th 2005
Published: June 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

A spectacular drive before we waltz into Vienna, the home of Strauss.

Travel day today, feel like we haven't had a travel day on the coach in ages. Woke up early (and sober), had a shower and went to check out 'the beach' before breakfast. It was basically the ocean meeting the rocks, not even pebbles. The sunrise was pretty cool though, and it's funny because the water here is like streets, with street lights lighting the way into the city. Had cereal and baguetts for breakfast, then packed everything on the coach, glad to get away from all the mosquitos. I've never seen so many in all my life, I managed to get away with only a few bites though.
The views were amazing on our way to Vienna, all the snow capped mountains. Had my first weiner schnitzel at our lunch stop, and it was great. Jason bought a 'bumerang' to send in to Rove for'what the' (it was a plastic boomerang that said bumerang on it, and it was bought in austria but made in italy). The Austrian countryside is so pretty, the mountains and trees are amazing, and the houses are so cute. Stopped at an autogrill for another service stop, and it's so much cleaner here than Greece and Italy. It's also nice to be able to flush toilet paper down the loo.
Arrived at Hotel Kuntner in the afternoon, had showers and stuff before heading into town to grab some dinner. Went to Rosenburger Restaurant which had a buffet, where you pay for the size of the plate you want and then fill it up with what you want. After that people went to the optional motzart and strauss concert, but Melissa, Ange, Emily and I went to the 'aussie pub' down the road, then we saw the austrian soccer team in the main street celebrating winning some trophy. Met back up with the others at the aussie pub and had a carlton, then went home on the coach to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb