Venezia!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

So the 2nd last weekend of November, Ann Luke and I toddled off to Venice... Wow.. I am completely in love with that place!! It was amazing.. but a very brief visit, just 2 nights. We didn't get there until late on the Friday, had to catch a water bus to our stop and got met by the owners of the cutest bed and breakfast that we were staying in! Got up early on the Saturday morning and wandered around San Marco, the square was at high tide, and we went to the Basilica, Doge's Palace, up the bell tower with amazing views of Venice, ate gelato, had a coffee standing up (out of a plastic cup!!) had a slice of pizza from a random pizza shop in a side lane, and went on a Gondola ride.. we bought lots of touristy nick nacks, got lost in the maze that is Venice and drank a cheap litre of wine whilst eating pasta and seafood. TOUGH LIFE!!!! After an early night on Saturday, we got up again on Sunday and went to the Gallerie dell’Accademia after getting lost on purpose through the streets - I have never seen such old amazing art work, it was actually magic!!
Am extremely in love with Italy now and can't wait to explore more...
<3 xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 80, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0861s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb