Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 24th 2010
Published: August 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well what a fun night we had at our dinner. John got picked to play a knight where he had to dress up in costume and save his princess, he had to find the hidden key by kissing all the ladies in the audiences hands, unlock the padlock and he and his princess rode off together on his wooden horse. I got picked to play a game where 5 of us formed a team and had to thread a spoon on a piece of string up, down and through our clothing so that we all ended up joined together. There were a lot of laughs.

The next day we left for Venice stopping on the way at Verona where we saw the balcony of Romeo & Juliet.
We arrived in Venice on dusk and went down to see Venice by night it was beautiful. Up early and back down to Piazza St Marco for our gondola ride, a visit to the Murano glass blowing factory and lunch at Burano where all the houses are painted different colurs and they don't have numbers and are just known as the red house by the bridge. After a great lunch we visited the beautiful lace shops. We then thought we would check out the local supermarket. They sell everything. Illy coffee only 5 euros per tin, and all the meat and cheeses and wines for as little as $1 a bottle, it was all so cheap. We spent a quiet night at the hotel after a big day. Tomorrow we are off to Switzerland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb