The Eyes of a Child


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 5th 2009
Published: August 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

August 5, 2009. We have been in Venice since the 2nd. Amazing place.

She is a bit haggered around the edges as you will see from the pictures. All the better for wear and tear. She ages gracefully as she sinks slowly into the sea. Much of the excitement of exploring her is walking about aimlessly with the map snugly in your pocket. Often your choices end in dead-ends, but in Venice, the way and the end are beautiful, so you learn to make choices fearlessly.

Small tight alleyways interspersed between waterways. Sunrise boys guiding gondolas through water traffic jams. Gondolas filled with lovers and those in the rush hour of their sunset years checking off destinations as their time dwindles. All seeing Venice through the eyes of a child. No place will put the eyes of a child back in you more quickly.

No signs of a recession here. Gucci, Prada, Tod, Footlocker ... Footlocker?

One of the first stops in Venice was Dr. Foster, a chiropractor 20 minutes away on the mainland. Turns out that there are no chiropractor schools in Italy, so the only legitimate ones are from outside Italy, mostly the USA. The art itself was invented in the USA by Dr. Palmer, the first chiropractor. Our new friend Dr. Foster moved to Italy from the USA 20 years ago from Kansas. There is no great and powerful Oz in Venice to help Dr. Foster return to Kansas, but he did give a word of warning. The Italian medical doctors are trying to pass a law that will grandfather MDs as chiropractors. Make sure you ask for Dr. Foster if you are in Italy or ask to see their diploma so you don't end up with a gynecologist who needs the money? Apparently 1% of the citizens in Italy hold an MD of sorts, so they need to make a living some how right? Free back-crack with your pap-smear?


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb