Venice rocks


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 26th 2003
Published: July 26th 2003
Edit Blog Post

we spent three days traveling on the way out of Greece. Our Last Day in Crete was awesome the samarian Gorge was one of the coolest things we saw in Greece. I took so many pictures. it was a very long day though 5am to 11:30pm. The next morning we got up super early to hop on the boat to santorini. Caren, I think you would have survived the other boats becaus they were big and they didn't really rock but we took a high sped one to santorini and wow! It was fast and felt like a roller coaster ride. I wish we had gotten more time in Santorini. I didn't realize it was the same place as Thera, the volcano island, or we would have planned more time. It was really beautiful but we only got to see a small part of it. I have mentioned before that transportation in Greece sucks well this was the epitomoy of suckyness. The busses were like greyhound busses only they crammed a million people into them, they will only let you pay on the bus so there's this huy squeezing through the people standing to collect money from people, and there's very few busses down to the port and you can't walk. anyways I will miss the salads and the scenery but not the organization. We spent all night and half the next day on the boat back to italy, got to brindizi late afternoon and hoped an night train to Venice. I like sleeping on Boats. There are no bugs, it is nice and cool, and you get to lay out fuly on the deck. I forgot to mention before the boat we took from Athens to Crete was a super fancy cruise ship. It had escolators and they gave us free coffee and oj wen we got off in the morning. Our train to venice was very nice as well. It had ac and it was just the 3 of us in the car so we got to pull the seats out to make 3 beds.

Venice is by far my favorite ciy so far. I mean noting can compare to the ruins in Rome and Pompeii but as far as the city itself it takes the cake. It is so amazingly beautiful and calm and pretty. There are no cars, and it is full of these tiny windy little streets. The boats and canals everywhere are so beautiful. All of the buildings are these quaint old buildings and there are plants pouring out of all the windows on over the walkways. Last night as we were walking around we caught a clip of an out door movie. It was the begining of the Italian Job which is a boat chase scene in Venic which was really cool since we were standing in Venice. That's it for now. Next and final stop Juan Les Pins, France.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb