The 3 Amerigos


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 15th 2007
Published: June 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Off to Vencie



Off to Vencie Wednesday morning and we were off to Venice! Because we had heard checking in at the Bucharest airport could take as long as 2 hours, we arrived in plenty of time only to find there were some “clitches” in the tickets we had purchased 9 months ago. After much prayer and patience (and 2 additional ticket purchases!), we were off to Italy. Because we were routed through Rome, our arrival in Venice was very, very late. We made it and wanted to kiss the ground when we arrived.

Our hotel (Venice Resort) is a restored farmhouse on the mainland and is great. Don’t let “Resort” fool you. It is very comfortable with all the amenities one would need—just very European. The Team began with not being able to turn the lights on in our room—very frustrating at 1:00 a.m. in total exhaustion. Through a miracle, the clever Team Photographer finally figured it out in our low-light conditions. What we were thinking??? Of course everyone should know you put your room key in this little slot in this little box on the wall—lights/AC/electrical items now functionable. Pretty clever America. No key—no lights or A/C; leave room—take key—no lights left on. Mom may install such contraption in Son’s Living Quarters!

We crashed then awoke to a wonderful, Italian breakfast. Very welcomed after a full day before eating some very bad and expensive Bucharest Airport food. Next, we were off to meet our American Friend, “The Deed.” Deidra is a BA girl who went to high school with Son. She’s an ORU student who has spent the last 5 months studying in Germany then touring Europe. Message to The Deed's Mom: “What happens in Europe, stays in Europe.”

The 3 Amerigos spent the day sightseeing and assisting The Photographer. After 11 days of touring with two of the male gender, Mom was glad to have a female gender Amerigo to enjoy that shopping thing experience. Venice is very beautiful and totally amazing. It is hard to imagine such life on an everyday basis. We have been blessed to have the experience.

The 3 Amerigos will begin our day meeting at the train station at 11:00—we needed a foot break and some sleep time. We will then take the Vaporetto (Venice’s water public transportation) to the island of Murano—10-minute ride from Venice. We will visit at least one artisan shop, hoping to get some special piece of glass to commemorate The Son & Mom Team’s trip of a lifetime. The Team may also have to get a few “commemorative” blown-glass beads to make The Son a glass-blown bead necklace. Of course, if it doesn’t match his normal OU attire, maybe The Mom will have to wear it.

After Murano, 2 more tours—the Basilica and Doge’s Palace and more pictures. The Team is posting some pictures but without major descriptions—limited upload time—we have to get back on the streets. Sister, The Photographer will strive to get that special gondola photo for you.

The Team appreciates all the comments and messages sent through the blog. It’s great to hear from the God Bless the USA. The Team has had an incredible 995 reads—even one reader at least from the city of Bucharest. God Bless Bucharest.

Enjoying the experience and offering this advice: "Moms, don’t let your sons grow up to be bondless. Do a Son & Mom Bonding Excursion."

Arrivederci
The Son & Mom Loving Glass Loving Venice God Bless the USA Bonding Excursion Team

Founding members of the Worldwide Association of the Son & Mom Bonding Excusion Teams

(We ran out of photo posting time and will get more posted later.)



Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Two AmerigosTwo Amerigos
Two Amerigos

And one touristigo
Statue Break TimeStatue Break Time
Statue Break Time

DO ALL EUROPEANS SMOKE?? EVEN STATUES??
Water TaxiWater Taxi
Water Taxi

Fast and expensive


15th June 2007

whine...whine...whine...
I want to be there. Thanks for taking us along with you.
15th June 2007

Wow!
I didn't know there were TWO fabulous storytellers in the Hebert clan. I have listened to Doug tell so many of the same beautiful, thought-provoking stories about Romanian culture over the last three (or so) years. It is neat to have them captured in written form along with Matt's amazing photography. This is a gift, Matt...thank you both for sharing your experiences. I actually have some absolutely gorgeous Romanian glass pieces Betsy has given me...you are right...breathtaking! By the way...we miss you!

Tot: 0.299s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb