European Adventure 2013


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Torri del Benaco
October 24th 2013
Published: October 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Torri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake Garda

Colourful boats in the harbour
We loved our time in Lucca and especially the time spent with our family but after 19 nights it was time to move on to the next stage of our journey. Filippo kindly transported our bags in his car to where our car was parked in Via Pietro Paolini, outside the walls. The day was mild and cloudy and even though there had been another severe thunderstorm during the night, rain had not fallen much during the daytime while we were in Lucca and its surrounding areas.

The first 30 mins of our trip on the autostrada to Torri del Benaco on Lake Garda went really well, then there was a complete standstill as we approached Florence. We decided to detour and whilst the mountain scenery through which we passed was magnificent, the new route added quite a bit of time to our trip. We weren’t in any hurry though as check in for our new abode, Ca del Lago, was 4pm. We had a coffee & cake in a mountain town (only €4 for the lot today!) followed by a packed lunch further along the route.

Torri del Benaco is on the eastern shore of Lake Garda, a
Torri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake Garda

Cloud enshrouds the mountains as viewed from Torri del Benaco
large beautiful lake bordered by mountains on the western side. We strolled around the town when we arrived. It has a castle and museum which look worth exploring, a little harbour, a lovely hotel with interesting history and some great shops and restaurants. There appears to be a path edged with colourful flowers around the lake where we’ll be able to cycle.

Our well-appointed studio unit in Ca del Lago has a magnificent view across the lake to the mountains and a large outdoor terrace, where you can relax with a drink and watch the sun set on the water. We have access to free bikes, a fitness room, spa & a pool. The summer crowds have disappeared and it looks like a great place to spend a few days!

Check out the panorama and photos of the sunset to appreciate the view from our unit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Torri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake Garda
Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda

Flower-bedecked shopfront
Torri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake Garda
Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda

Sunset from our unit 1
Torri del Benaco, Lake GardaTorri del Benaco, Lake Garda
Torri del Benaco, Lake Garda

Sunset from our unit 2


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb