Fun near Rimini


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Chioggia
July 4th 2013
Published: July 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Camping Delle Rose at Gatteo Mare and were initially a little unhappy with the site; the pitches were small and the Italians, who composed 95%!o(MISSING)f the site, seem to stick together, but it sort of grew on us.

It was, though, a bit like Butlins, even with a 10.00am call over loudspeakers, telling of the day's events and that evening's menu in the restaurant. However, the children's entertainment was fantastic, Italian children really throw themselves into the games with no reticence or shyness. We amused ourselves watching them and the excellent, enthusiastic and, it seems unlimited energy of the entertainment staff. They were very friendly to us, seeing us as a strange British oddity (we have not seen a British car for three weeks). As we previously said, the beach was not the best and two sun-beds and an umbrella cost €10 per day, but the pool was great with plenty of shade and sunbeds.

There were plenty of bike rides to other villages. In one, Bellaria, we asked for bruschetta but with a look of distain, our very friendly waiter strongly persuaded us to try a piadine, a more local sort of wrap and delicious it was, although we still prefer bruschetta.

A nearby commercial centre contained the biggest supermarket we have ever seen, to give an idea there were 56 Checkouts!

We took the train to see Rimini which was not as bad as we had been led to believe. The old city has roman remains, however, the new city is just a holiday resort.

Another day we visited San Marino which was a wash out, in the sense that it poured down all day. This lovely old place is now full of not only jewellery and alcohol shops but also gun shops (or maybe fake ones, guns not shops!). It is, though, a nice place to visit for a day.

We stayed for two weeks at the campsite, before leaving for Venice. When we came to pay, we found we had a free day each week, making a total of €196 for the two weeks and were given a T shirt and a bag of roasted nuts as a leaving gift. We could have stayed another two weeks at the same rate. As we left and joined the motorway we both agreed we should have stayed longer but it was too late and it is certainly not a site for everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Fancy a sunbed?Fancy a sunbed?
Fancy a sunbed?

It is the only way you will see any sand!
Another pizza Another pizza
Another pizza

It is hard to resist them as they start at €4
Terry loves anything for nothingTerry loves anything for nothing
Terry loves anything for nothing

Free T shirt from campsite


Tot: 0.321s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb