Tim's 40th in Spoleto


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Spoleto
July 28th 2013
Published: July 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

My great friend Tim beat the odds and made it to 40 years, having lived in 7 countries on four continents, had 28 girlfriends from 30 countries, one ex-wife, and no kids that he admits to. To celebrate this (or these) amazing feat(s), he hosted about 20 friends and relatives at Villa Piancianinear Spoleto, Italy.

Awesome.

The first four and a half days of the party were really, really boring. I arrived on the evening of the fifth. Then the party got going. Actually, judging by the dark circles under Loray and Ed's eyes, the party had been going pretty well even before I got there, with a little help from Luke's Limoncello.

That's pretty much the extent of this blog entry. There wasn't a lot that we did there that we don't usually do when we all meet up -- talk, eat, drink, tell jokes, drink wine, embarrass each other with anecdotes, swim, drink beer, drive, drink lemoncello. Great fun.

I guess the one thing we did differently was visit a town nearby called Montefalco , another old and wonderful town (they are all old and wonderful towns) near the villa. Click the link to see good photos. Or browse below to see mine. That was our two hour adventure. We then returned to the pool.

Happy birthday Tim.

Cheers,

Peter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BreakfastBreakfast
Breakfast

The Korean crowd of Ed, Phil, Meg, and Tim struggling though tough times
The cryptThe crypt
The crypt

Villa Pianciani was built for a wedding quite recently (a couple of hundred years ago) which of course included this chapel. Although it could be a crypt. We didn't see a lot of graves around.
Refreshing AdvertisingRefreshing Advertising
Refreshing Advertising

Wonderful to see real advertising that isn't held back by absurd social mores.
MontefalcoMontefalco
Montefalco

Five of us fit into two cars for the trip. Not sure whether it says more about the cars or more about us.
Square at MontefalcoSquare at Montefalco
Square at Montefalco

With Luke, me, Tim, Loray, and Peter behind the lens
Loray at MontefalcoLoray at Montefalco
Loray at Montefalco

I like unique photos. This doorway has been photographed many times before, but having Loray in the photo is world first.
Peter at MontefalcoPeter at Montefalco
Peter at Montefalco

This is also a world first!
Lane at MontefalcoLane at Montefalco
Lane at Montefalco

We found out that this is a world heritage site. Not surprising. You can't build lanes like this anymore.
Tunnel at MontefalcoTunnel at Montefalco
Tunnel at Montefalco

Looking the other way down the lane
The boysThe boys
The boys

Against an idyllic background of unblemished landscape.
The boys IIThe boys II
The boys II

But even here, there's at least some reality
Doorway at MontefalcoDoorway at Montefalco
Doorway at Montefalco

I'm not sure why these doors a so big. Perhaps they forecast that the human race would rapidly increase in stature. I could triple in height and still fit through the lower two sections of this three section door.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 14; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb