A Day in the Italian Hill Towns


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Orvieto
July 10th 2014
Published: August 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Civita de BagnareggioCivita de BagnareggioCivita de Bagnareggio

Near Orvieto, must visit!
At Civitavecchia, most people from the ship headed off to Rome for the day. I opted instead for the Hill Towns of Tuscania & Civita de Bagnareggio. There is nothing more beautiful than Italian countryside and it’s historic hill towns. It was a beautiful day and being a photography buff, there were gorgeous shots around every corner. In Bagnareggio we were given two hours to wander and eat lunch on our own. My friend Sally had gone to a University of Washington summer program here, population 7 (really!), and I ran into a woman who was currently teaching the same program, 40 years later. We chatted for a while and she recommended a restaurant to us, a lovely place with an animated owner, it had Etruscan tombs in the basement, where you could dine, but it was a nice day so we dined alfresco. It was nice to be away from the crowds for a while, and I met up with some lovely Indian women from Virginia and New Jersey. The food was wonderful, the setting relaxing, and the house wine, perfect for a long lunch.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb