Days in Tuscany 2.


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
July 3rd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

And so to our exploration of beautiful Siena, Cortona Montepulciano and the Chianti Region .... we toddled off every day in our little Fiat 500 - which Suzanne made me pay 3 euros a day extra - because it's a cute little car!!! other hilltop towns.

As I said previously this countryside was all you wanted it to be - and to wander the narrow streets of the towns and villages was perfect-( walking on the shady side to keep out of the sun!!). Of course you have to stop for an iced coffee, a beer or a gelato now and then and watch the world go by.

I love all the little shops in Italy - a whole shop selling scarves or gloves or knives - and in this region shops selling special hams and wild boar products - and we ate some wild boar sausages one night. Just looking in shop windows is a delight.

Our last day at La Bandita was our chillout relaxing day -we never moved from the pool - dipping in and out to cool off. After taking a Twilght book on every holiday with her for about 3 years Suz at last finished that book and started reading, what I believe to be the latest blockbuster, 50 Shades of Grey and I was finishing an Australian author Kate Grenville's Lilian's Story - then thanks to free wifi I downloaded the sequel to Wolf Hall - Bringing up the Bodies....boy that Thomas Cromwell was quite a man.

We weren't leaving Pisa until late on Saturday so I took Suz to Lucca where I had stayed previously with Angela... trusty old Sally got us right to a carpark at the city walls and we spent a good 4 hours wandering around there and having gelatos and food before the trip to the airport. One problem we came across was almost all the petrol staions were closed around 5 pm Saturday afternoon...but we did find one at last so got filled up before taking the car back... it's a bit of a racket that rental car companies will charge you for a full tank and tell you to bring it back empty unless you leave it full... who can judge to bring a car back empty!!!

So more photos for you all ... back in rainy grey England it's hard to imagine what sunny summer days are like!!! All in all this was a very good Plan B when the holiday in Gloucester fell through - I think you would all agree.... and if anyone is going to Tuscany I would defo recommend Locanda La Bandita.

Bye for now - next trip Sweden in 3 weeks time.

Lynne xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



3rd July 2012

What memories!!
Hi Lynne It's been great seeing your photos of Italy! There were so many places that we had visited in 2009. It was like being there all over again. You are so lucky to be so near to that part of Europe. You seem always to be traveling somewhere these days but if we were over there we would do exactly the same. It's really hard staying home for a year!! Take care Jocelyn
4th July 2012

Magical!
Oh, Lynne! What wonderful pics of wonderful places! How brilliant of you to make the most of what you can do! You are such an inspiration to me! I'm so looking forward to coming to Europe next summer! Hugs, Maureen.
4th July 2012

hols
your photos are fantastic as usual! now i am retired i feel sure i will be taking some for my travel blogs sooooooooooooon...........see you in sweden! love

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb