Horseback riding!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany
July 30th 2005
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

I'd had my eye on a flier at the school for a few weeks that I'd been told about for horseback riding and I knew I had to get a group together to go. It included wine tasting, 2 hours with the horses, and then A POOL! The weather had been really hot all summer, and without any air conditioning, we were all desperate for a relaxing day in a pool without a beach involved.

I rounded up 2 of my roomates: Lindsey and Leslie, and got Kevin and Brittany to come up from Montepulciano with his brother Calvin, and a friend in their program down there - Anna. Our group was set!

We met Sam, our contact for the day, in Florence and all hopped in the minivan to head out to the grounds where we would be for the day. Upon arrival and just looking at that pool.. I think we all would have been content doing just that! The water was completely pure because it was pumped in and cycled from a nearby stream. It was incredible.

Then came the horses! We went over to the stables and met our horses for the next couple
Drinking wine in the pool!Drinking wine in the pool!Drinking wine in the pool!

Me, Kevin, Leslie, Anna, Sam, Lindsay, Brittany, Calvin, and Katie
hours. We were given a quick little crash course on "horse driving" for those who had never ridden before, and next thing we knew.. we were on a trail with some fairly steep hills with rocks. It was a little intimidating, but once we got up to the hilly areas for the ride, it was all worth it! I would have had more pictures of the views, but unfortunately my camera had just died at that point, and there was no way for me to get new batteries in it while on the horse.

After the riding, we returned for a small meal, more wine, and more time in the pool! Sam was awesome, and we ended up all hanging out alot longer than initially planned. This day one one of the highlights of my entire trip. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Wine Please!Wine Please!
Wine Please!

Me, Leslie, Brittany, and Anna in the pool
Finally! a pool!Finally! a pool!
Finally! a pool!

After 2 months of hot heat.. a pool was EXACTLY what we ordered!
Last few hours of lightLast few hours of light
Last few hours of light

Brittany and Me enjoying the wine in the pool!


Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 26; qc: 116; dbt: 0.1259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb