Cooking Class


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Casciano in Val di Pesa
April 24th 2015
Published: April 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first day in Tuscany and knowing that we would need a little break after Rome, we arranged a cooking class at the Villa.

At 11:30 we donned our aprons and reviewed the menu:

Ravioli filled with potatoes, nutmeg, parsley and parmesan;

Chicken “Hunter Style,” with garlic, rosemary, sage and wine; and

Panna Cotta, a custard-like dessert.

We started with Chef Hanna, who helped us prepare pasta from scratch. When the pasta was completed Chef Anna, a Scottish ex-pat, arrived to help us prepare the chicken and the panna cotta.

When we were done, we moved out to a patio overlooking the beautiful rolling hills of Tuscany, poured some wine and enjoyed our home-cooked lunch.

Later that afternoon, armed with a map, we visited a few of the local wineries. We say “armed with a map,” because the GPS in our rental car was not working. Without an operational GPS we had to rock it old school … taking to the winding roads of Tuscany with a simple map.

In perhaps the most wondrous occurrence of the entire trip, it turns out that … against all odds … Jeff and Fuzz make a pretty good navigation team, with Jeff at the wheel and Fuzz with the map (not that Fuzz and Jeff should get all the glory … because Jeanne, Karen and Mal certainly had “many helpful suggestions” from the backseat).

Over the course of the next couple of days we made a few, we but not that many wrong turns, which included driving through the parking lot of the local grocery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Chef MalChef Mal
Chef Mal

Malcolm has either been taking a cooking lesson, or he has joined the Klan.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb