More Churches and stairs......


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
July 28th 2006
Published: August 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

At the start of our trip planning we weren't to sure on Florence as I was under the impression it was more for people who enjoyed Art, and we weren't into that sort of thing. But it looked like a beautiful city so we thought we would just go for a day and night and check it out.
We caught the train from Rome in the early morning and then found the campsite. The campsite has one of the best views of Florence. We then went into the City and started to explore. Florence, like all of Itlay, is very old and amazing. Very different to Rome as it is more brighter. We headed to the Museum to check out the statue of David but the line was soooo big and was not moving. We only had that day to see Florence so much to our disappointment we had to miss out on seeing David. So it was more churches and fancy bridges for us to see. Florence has the Duomo, A big church, that also has a nice view from the top. So again we decided to climb that one aswell. Only 463 stairs that one!!! It was still hard work though and a tight squeeze through to the top. The view was awesome from the top and it was exactly how we had imagined Florence to be. We stayed up there for some time before taking the walk down the hundreds of stairs. We spent the rest of the day exploring the city and checking out the sights. We headed back to the campsite and then went to Piazzale Michelangelo to watch the sun set and saw some very colourful characters perform. The next day we were off for a few hour stopover in Pisa and then to the Cinque Terre.

That next morning we packed up our home and hopped on the train to Pisa. Pisa is apparently only worth a couple hours of your time so we thought we would stop there on our way to the next destination. So we arrived in Pisa and walked to the Field of Miracles, where we could see the leaning tower. So we snapped some silly shots just like everyone else, ate some Macca's, just like everyone else, then jumped on the train and were out of there. The town inself is not that impressive but the tower and
Us in FlorenceUs in FlorenceUs in Florence

Forgive me for not remebering its name, oops
the church are very nice. All of the buildings are all on the piss as the ground they were built on is Marshy soil.
So next stop was to be the Cinque Terre...............


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

That bridge againThat bridge again
That bridge again

It is lovely though, pity I cant remember the name of it for the life of me.
Pictures of people falling into hellPictures of people falling into hell
Pictures of people falling into hell

pretty odd being a church!!
Florence at nightFlorence at night
Florence at night

so many good pics


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb