European Adventure 2013


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Lucca
October 21st 2013
Published: October 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

LuccaLuccaLucca

Program for the Puccini Festival
With six people in the house and a small fridge, regular shopping is essential, so Ced & I set off this morning during a break in the rain to go to the Esselunga supermarket outside the walls. It is bigger, cheaper & has a much better range of products than the one close to our apartment. Picked up a good range of stuff so that we could have a tasty dinner in tonight. We’ve had some excellent meals (and some not so great) while we’ve been here but there’s nothing like a home-cooked meal. Sometimes you get caught out though…we bought a packet of something that looked like a complete rice meal but which needed a number of extra ingredients added to actually make it a meal! Jon returned the rental car he's had for 4 days and Mon & the girls went shopping while we were at the supermarket.

Lucca is the birthplace of Giacomo Puccini, the famous composer. It has a permanent festival dedicated to him so EVERY night of the week all year in the beautiful old church of San Giovanni, they have a concert of operatic arias by Puccini, Mozart, Verdi & others. We all attended
LuccaLuccaLucca

Church of San Giovanni where the Puccini Festival is held every night of the week all year!
tonight to be entertained by a lovely soprano, a bass-baritone & a brilliant pianist with arias and overtures from La Boheme, Don Giovanni, Tosca, Marriage of Figaro, Edgar & Manon Lescaut. A damp Mon night, a good crowd, a lovely setting…we felt very lucky to be here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb