Florence and Lucca


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Lucca
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

And the good times continue. i have not been digilent at posting comments, but as you can imagine, i have better things to do. We spent 4 days in Florence, rained a bit but still got to see all the big sites we intended. our bike ride in tuscany was a bust due to the rain, storm, thunder, lighting, and hail. but the entire group was taken wine tasting, olive oil tasting, toured a castle, as well as had lunch with as much wine as we desired. And when i saw the roads we were supposed to be riding, i was relieved.

Florence is fun, reminded me of San Francisco - the shopping, troppo caro! I ve yet to locate the apostrophe on the italian key board, and shift is different and the at sign (which they call the snail) was a real challenge. We had some incredible meals here. Fig with salami appetizer, tuscan soup, bistecca florentina... not to mention the pasta and wines.

We have moved on to Lucca smaller Tuscan town closer to the coast. Took a day trip to the cinque terra. Euro rail is a challenge. But we finally made it there and back. The meditterean coast is gorgeous, the water and beach was beautiful. Mark hiked to the next town. Laurie and I sunbathed and had beer. The hike was quite strenuous, and i have come down with a cold. Today is shopping day in Lucca. prices are much better here, and what cool stuff they have. Mark is out cycling the tuscan hills around Lucca, he told to begin worrying if he is not back by five. I m not holding my breath. Im sure he will return and have had an awesome adventure.

Tomorrow we head to Cortona - you know Frances Mayes and Under the Tuscan Sun fame. More rural yet, and the cuisine is supposed to be quite different. We still have 10 day in Italy! This is amazing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb