Florence - Day 9


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 4th 2016
Published: May 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This morning we found out that the bell tower right next door goes off at 7 am. ...so no sleeping in for us! In the morning we went inside the cathedral next door and got to see the inside of the duomo which has a beautifully painted roof. We'd planned to see the real statue of David but the line was too long so we did a bit of shopping instead. Later we did a wine tour in Chianti which has the beautiful picturesque hills of the tuscan region. The wine is amazing and Chianti has over 400 vineyards and is one of the oldest wine regions in the world which makes this area famous for its wine. Our bus driver was amazing as he had to drive around the windy, narrow roads and deal with the crazy Italian driving. He had to beep at every corner to warn the oncoming traffic that he was going to cross over into their lane as it was the only way to fit around the corners! This was Blair's first experience of Italian driving and he thought it was Insane! After the tour we went out for dinner at a restaurant the guide recommend us which was amazing, and are now back at the hotel. Tomorrow we meet up with Jacquie and Pete (Blair's parents) in Rome, so we are looking forward to that!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb