Viva Italia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 22nd 2012
Published: May 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Geez, seems like forever since my last message. First off however our Internet connections have been a bit hit or miss pluss I'm just lazy!

We flew from Prague to Venice no probs. arriving in Venice we took a water taxi to San Marco square which is the major piazza in Venice. Talk about a confusing place - no cars or scooters, just tiny lanes going every which way. Pretty cool though as I have always wanted to see all the buildings just rising up from the maze of canals, islands and water. We spent 3 days traipsing around, a lot of shops and touristy stuff as well as the history. First night we were blowing €6 a beer so I starteddrinking red wine which is a lot cheaper.

When we left Venice I hired a car and drove to Tresche Conca where my grand dad came from. It's a little village up in the alps north of Verona.Google map the name and have a look at the road winding up to it. It was bloody scary driving on the wrong side of the road, but the way you drive up to the village is amazing. By the way, speed limit is 110, I was doing 120 and even old grannies in shit mobiles were passing me doing 150!

We caught a train from Verona to Monterosso which is part of the Cinque Terra where 5 villages can be walked to along ocean cliffs. Very touristy but also great scenery. They build villas and houses all on top of each other and then have grape fields above that. They all live like mountain goats! Good place as we could buy big bottles of beer for €1.50 each. Unfortunately it started pissing rain and never stopped till we got to Florence. Once again another amazing place.Anyway it's getting late and I'm rooted from walking all day. Heaps of history, artwork and culture here.

It's Tuesday night here, we go to Rome Thursday for 5 days and then back to Dubai. I see it's been over 40 C there lately, can't wait!

Ciao Trev

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb