Florecnce


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 5th 2012
Published: May 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

We are enjoying our last day in Florence wondering around and still finding things to see.

We went to Lucca yesterday for a few hours in the afternoon. It is a lovely medieval walled town. The walls are still intact which is quite unusual for these very old towns. We walked around the top of the wall which is a wide street (4.5km). We came out lo the town a different way and ended up walking all the way around the outside of the the town. We walked for nearly 1hr before we found the train station. We just made the train! I think we we walked well over 15kms yesterday.... No exaggeration.

Earlier today we went for a walk over the Pont Vecchio, a very famous bridge here. It was full of people and very expensive jewelry shops. I asked Graeme if I could have something, he kept walking!

We went for a walk around the Duomo, we decided not to go in and climb the 400 odd steps top get to the top of the dome. The line was far to long!

We are off to the Cinque Terre tomorrow for two nights. We are going to stop off at Pisa and see the leaning tower. We pass though Pisa on the way so thought we should check it out.

The other day we went for a walk up the big hill across from us. The square was very touristy but further up was a monastary and we heard the the monks doing their gregorian chant. It was very good.... Graeme didn't recognize any of the tunes from his cd collection!!

The photo of the building is the place we are staying in, we are on the top floor looking over the river. I call it the palace!

XxS&G


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb