Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
May 3rd 2012
Published: May 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, we are having a great time in Florence. We are here for five days so we can see everything at a nice pace and take it easy as well.

We went on a tour yesterday for 3.5 hrs, first on a bus for a look at Fiesole and then a walking tour around the historical area. Saw the building where Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa, the old palace and Piazza's. It was all very interesting to hear about the history of Florence. We then went into the Uffizi gallery, big place with original paintings from all the great masters. Most of the paintings are around 600 to 800 years old. A bit of mind over load but we both really enjoyed it.

We are going to the Accedemia gallery today to see David(the real one).

Tomorrow we going to take the train to Lucca for the day, it's a small walled town just out of Florence.

The apartment we are staying in is fantastic,the building is about 600 years old. We are on the top floor with great views across the Arno river and the hills. It is very big and very modern...... Very fancy.

XxS&G


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb