Friends of the Uffizi Pass


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 11th 2011
Published: September 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

One of the best things about Florence is that every block seems have some wildly important piece of art or a creative knockoff bringing the renaissance to life.

Unfortunately museums are expensive!

Seeing the most important works: the David, birth of Venus, and the home of the Medicis can cost over €30 which is hovering around $45 at the moment. The best thing that I've found here is the Friends of the Uffizi museum pass. Essentially you become a year long sponsor for €40 if you're a student and have unlimited access to the museums plus a host of other benefits like not having to wait in line and discounted concert tickets.

Signing up for the pass is very simple and only takes a few minutes. Go to the Uffizi Gallery and speak with the security guard at the front of the entrance line and explain that you would like to purchase the Friends of the Uffizi Pass. Once you have sat down and paid, cash is the easiest way, you'll be able to cut the line and begin enjoying the maze that is the Gallery.

While you're there carve out considerable time for the outdoor patio and an espresso. The view is unparallelled of the Duomo and directly over the Piazza Signora.

Being here for month I means i can take full advantage of this with multiple trips to my favorite places. Even if you're only here for a week but are an avid art lover or history buff you'll use it daily.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb