Bonjourno from Florence!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 11th 2011
Published: June 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bonjourno! I have arrived in Florence!
I arrived last night with Bianca, we caught the train over and it was a really quick journey but we made it and then got to our hostels and then met up for dinner.
As I was walking to meet Bianca, i went over one of the bridges in the city and saw such a beautiful sunset. What a lovely welcome to Florence! It is stunning here. I like it better than Rome. Rome was cool but Florence feels more like Italy to me. So many cute alleyways and streets and oh its just beautiful!

So today we woke up and went to a market in the city, we wanted to get some fresh food so we can start cooking more rather than eating out all the time because its costing a lot to do that. So we bought some bread, vegies and salad and some cheese and it was all for like a few euros! so cheap! oh my gosh! so tonight we are going to make some sandwiches and take a picnic up to Piazzale Michelangelo where we can watch the sunset and get a great view of the city whilst sipping some italian wine wooohoo!

We also walked around the markets for a bit, they sell so many leather jackets and things there and Bianca was looking for one and so we went to a few stalls and its just so funny cause every salesman is like "ciao! where you from?" and they try and start conversations so you will get close to their store and then they offer you to try on things or to test out things and its all apart of how they sell it all, and i know they have done this sort of thing everywhere ive been in Europe but it was just funny today because every salesperson would be like "special price for you, not 40 or 50% off but 60% for you! i like you! good price, good price! special student price!" and it just made us laugh! some of them even try and compliment you to get you to buy stuff. funny experience, gave us a good laugh.

After that Bianca went off to go to museums and things and I went shopping haha! Sometimes I like museums but today was not one of those days, i much prefer browsing the shops and I had looked up some cool vintage shops so i wanted to explore the city and check them out. The shops were so beautiful but a little out of my price range, although i did find a shop which i hadnt looked up on the net and bought two lovely dresses! it was a really nice day. as i was on my way home i was walking down quite a busy street and saw some frozen yoghurt and bought some but as i started eating it i asked the lady how much it was and she said 6 euros!! note to self: always know the price of something before get it. haha oh well lesson learnt. but it was really nice yoghurt!!

Tomorrow we are off to the Ufizi and Academia museums to see some very famous art, that should be fun! I am getting really exhausted though, it is really hard to just keep going and going but im trusting in the Lord to keep providing me with lots of strength and energy but also providing me will some rest and a bit of peace here and there.
Im staying with some girls from California in my room at the moment, one who is studying in Germany and one who studied in Scotland. Heaps of people ive met have been studying abroad, it sounds so much fun i would love it.
Speaking of Scotland, to recap on my events there. I stayed with my friend Steph Bown. I met her in England, through Tatiana. She goes to the Univerity of St Andrews (which is where Will and Kate went and met etc haha) and i got to stay on the floor of her dorm. It was such a cool experience! So much fun to see whats its like to live in a dorm, i had the best time. Steph is so incredible, what a wonderful friend I have made in her. St Andrews is the cutest town! Its so small, there are like 2 main streets and i swear everytime we walked out of the halls Steph would just know everyone who walked past. Everyone was basically a uni student, so awesome! Scotland is so green and beautiful and we had really amazing views from her hall kitchen too. They even have a beach, so cute haha but nothing compared to the ones back home.
I went into Edinburgh for a day trip and that was a really beautiful city with amazing shopping. I remember sitting at this really cool cafe and all the workers were just hippies and so cool and they al volunteered to work there and it was a really cool environment. fun to stroll around and see the city. but some people who spoke to me i could NOT understand, some had really strong scottish accents and i swear they were not speaking english it was so funny but i felt so bad not understanding them haha!
Highlight of the place: seeing the beautiful countryside and experiencing such a cute town but also being with Steph and getting to know her more! She is AMAZING! Also we went to a Christian Union meeting which was awesome and very encouraging.

Now im on the free internet at my hostel and people are waiting to get on so i should probably go but ill write as soon as I can.
In conclusion, Scotland was so much fun and very cool and Florence is so gorgeous, cant wait to see more of the city!
Missing you all. Ciao xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




Advertisement



11th June 2011
Welcome to Florence!

Beautiful Image
I thought it was a professional shot and so did Mum. Love to see some more of your photographic handywork soon. Dad ; )

Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb